Rainwater tanks have historically been used as an essential means of supplying drinking water in many rural and remote parts of the world. The location, style, construction and use of rainwater tanks have changed significantly over time. The use of rainwater tanks has become a major strategy to enhance water conservation, reduce the burden of […]
Archive | sustainable living RSS feed for this section
Harvesting H2o: A prepper’s guide to the collection, treatment, and storage of drinking water while living off the grid (eBook)
How to find, purify, filter, and store clean drinking water is of primary importance to preppers and off-grid homesteaders. Water is the element that sustains all life, but most of the earth’s surface water is unsafe for human consumption. Nicholas Hyde’s latest work may well become the most important reference book in your survival kit. […]
Create an Oasis describes how to quickly and easily choose, build, and use a simple greywater system. Some can be completed in an afternoon for under $30 (R300 approx.). It also provides complete instructions for more complex installations, how to deal with freezing, flooding, drought, failing septics, low perk soil, non-industrialized world conditions, coordinating a team […]
TYNDALL AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. (AFNS) — Every April 22, the Air Force recognizes Earth Day, a time to show support for the environment. This year, the Air Force is focusing on water reduction and reuse. Water projects may not attract many news headlines, but the money and critical resources they save, deserve attention. “An emerging part […]
In this list are things you can implement both indoors and outdoors to help save the environment.
Easy New Year’s resolutions for 2013 that will be good for the environment too.
The World Wide Fund for Nature South Africa (WWF-SA) and retailer Woolworths on Thursday announced a three-year partnership to drive greater sustainability through selected Woolworths products and operations. The partnership recognises the growing congruence between WWF-SA’s and Woolworths’ interests in the conservation of energy; freshwater ecosystems; the promotion of sustainable agricultural practices; and the protection […]
Developing a sense of responsibility in schoolchildren to care for our environment has an important role in securing their future.
We might associate green beer with St. Patrick’s Day, but for environmentally conscious breweries, green takes on a whole new significance. If you’re looking to tipple sustainably, it turns out there are plenty of eco-friendly options at the liquor store.
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Video: Budget rainwater harvesting system & water tank August 11, 2015
- JoJo Tanks installation guide (infographic) July 17, 2015
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010