Earth Hour 2013, 8:30 PM Saturday 23 March. Earth Hour has grown from a one-city initiative in 2007 to the world’s largest campaign for the planet, uniting hundreds of millions of people across 7001 cities and towns in 152 countries and territories. How did Earth Hour come about?
Archive | green living RSS feed for this section
In this list are things you can implement both indoors and outdoors to help save the environment.
To encourage environmental sustainability and as a response to climate change, the Eskom Development Foundation has funded 9 000 trees that will be planted across five different municipalities in Mpumalanga, South Africa.
Follow these easy tips to save water in the garden:
We might associate green beer with St. Patrick’s Day, but for environmentally conscious breweries, green takes on a whole new significance. If you’re looking to tipple sustainably, it turns out there are plenty of eco-friendly options at the liquor store.
A councillor in the Mangaung metro municipality has a vision to coincide with World Food Day that the Free State can become the bread basket of South Africa and Africa and also eradicate informal settlements by 2014 by “going green”.
Cape Town – This could be the definition of a new-age green house – a house that uses no electricity and runs purely on sustainable energy, right in Mitchells Plain, Cape Town. Could this be a glimpse into the future?
In a busy world filled with modern conveniences and ever-evolving technology, an off-the-grid lifestyle may seem too challenging to adapt to. The truth is, it is entirely possible to live off the grid, and embracing a green lifestyle such as this can be rewarding in so many ways.
These days, building your dream house is more complicated than ever. When in the past you can just stake out an empty lot and declare it as yours before gathering the materials you will need to build a crude house, you now have to go through a number of financial, bureaucratic and architectural loopholes in […]
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010