This is a incredibly noble and much-needed effort to ensure that South Africa’s learners are provided with clean drinking water and adequate sanitation. A borehole, water tanks, water tank stands and the required plumbing are the main requirements for this project; see the project contact details at the bottom of the article. The Water for […]
Archive | water for schools RSS feed for this section
Rain water tanks at schools improve the lives of students and save considerable amounts of money in some areas, as the article below states. Rainwater harvesting not only saves money at schools but educates learners about conserving water – the water tanks are in plain view and are seen every day by learners, reinforcing the […]
There are many practical, financial and educational reasons why installing water tanks or rainwater tanks at schools is a very good idea, especially in South Africa. Here are some reasons why schools in South Africa should consider installing water tanks: Schools inherently have large roof surface areas that are ideal for rainwater harvesting and rainwater […]
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) organized a festival to celebrate the conclusion of a U.S. government-funded project to rehabilitate seven Sana’a schools by better preparing them to effectively use water.
To encourage environmental sustainability and as a response to climate change, the Eskom Development Foundation has funded 9 000 trees that will be planted across five different municipalities in Mpumalanga, South Africa.
Schools use a tremendous amount of water everyday, and require water for their heating and cooling systems, restrooms, drinking water faucets, locker rooms, cafeteria, laboratories, and outdoor playing fields and lawns.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010