Easy New Year’s resolutions for 2013 that will be good for the environment too.
Archive | ECO FRIENDLY RSS feed for this section
It’s not just about avoiding firecrackers and cutting down on sweets — here’s how you can still have fun and make the most of the festive season!
We might associate green beer with St. Patrick’s Day, but for environmentally conscious breweries, green takes on a whole new significance. If you’re looking to tipple sustainably, it turns out there are plenty of eco-friendly options at the liquor store.
A councillor in the Mangaung metro municipality has a vision to coincide with World Food Day that the Free State can become the bread basket of South Africa and Africa and also eradicate informal settlements by 2014 by “going green”.
Cape Town – This could be the definition of a new-age green house – a house that uses no electricity and runs purely on sustainable energy, right in Mitchells Plain, Cape Town. Could this be a glimpse into the future?
Retired mechanic Jose Alano invented a simple, cheap, energy saving rooftop solar water heater which is benefiting thousands of people. Here’s how it’s done… José Alano is a model of creativity in tackling environmental problems in Brazil. In 2002, the retired mechanic transformed a pile of plastic bottles and cartons into a solar water heater. […]
These days, building your dream house is more complicated than ever. When in the past you can just stake out an empty lot and declare it as yours before gathering the materials you will need to build a crude house, you now have to go through a number of financial, bureaucratic and architectural loopholes in […]
Johannesburg – AfriForum will approach the Pretoria High Court on Tuesday to apply for an interdict compelling a Limpopo municipality to provide water to residents.
You don’t have to build dams to get hydroelectricity from water flowing through municipal pipes, says Dr. Daniel Farb, the Los Angeles immigrant who previously shook up the Israeli clean-tech power scene with his Leviathan Energy company’s award-winning Wind Tulip. The ecologically conscious physician recently unveiled his latest brainchild, a turbine that turns excess pressure inside […]
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010