NEW YORK, Sept 25 (Reuters) – Coca-Cola Co plans to deliver and operate water purification systems in rural parts of the developing world, working with the inventor of the Segway transportation device in a project that will also help further Coke’s sustainability targets.
Tag Archives | jojo tank suppliers
Most of us take our coffee pots for granted, thinking nothing of how that technology can be applied to bringing potable water to the masses. Italian designer Gabriele Diamanti has taken the concept of an upside coffee maker and turned it into a solar desalinator called the eliodomestico. Here’s how it works:
If you are someone who enjoys gardening or has extensive landscaping in their yard, a great outdoor gadget to consider purchasing is a rain barrel. Rain barrels or rainwater tanks are containers which capture rainwater (usually from your gutter system coming down from your roof) which can be stored for use around your home and […]
Investment in South Africa’s water resources needs to double in the next 10 years if the country is to meet the growing demand, Water and Environmental Affairs Minister Edna Molewa said on Monday. “It’s going to require a lot of money but the demands require us to put more funding into water infrastructure but at […]
JoJo Tanks Pty (Ltd) South Africa have announced price increases across the range of JoJo Tanks products. The price increases will take effect on 01 September 2012. Beat the price increases on water tanks and other JoJo Tanks products by ordering and paying for the tanks before 31 August 2012. Check out the various JoJo […]
Recent discoveries of water reserves under some of Africa’s mightiest deserts raise hopes for quenching African thirst. But the reality is much more grim.
Water conservation measures at home need not be difficult nor expensive; check out these easy water saving tips at home:
Hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, for shale gas in the Karoo basin is receiving full Cabinet attention, although no declaration on whether a moratorium on fracking would be lifted could be made at this stage, Cabinet spokesperson Jimmy Manyi said on Wednesday.
When addressing sustainability in global supply chains, the challenge is to manage and minimise the negative impacts There are flowers to fit every occasion. But if you are celebrating World Water Week (26-31 August), you might want to think twice. A single rose – grown in Kenya, as many of the world’s cut flowers are […]
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010