Water conservation measures at home need not be difficult nor expensive; check out these easy water saving tips at home:
- Search for Water Leaks: Small, intermittent residential water leaks are estimated to waste millions of gallons of water each year. The most common leaks include worn toilet flappers, dripping faucets and leaky showerheads. Inspect your home and fix these simple water wasters.
- Outdoor Watering … a must? Consider letting your lawn go dormant. On average, a homeowner can save more than 100,000 gallons of water per summer by not using a sprinkler system. In many areas, grass can go dormant during hot, dry weather without watering and recover when growing conditions improve.
- Maximize Outdoor Watering Efficiency: More than 30 percent of summer water use by CWLP customers is estimated to be used for outdoor watering. If you must water, instead of using sprinklers or watering your lawn and plants with a hose, consider using soaker hoses or drip line irrigation that allow water to seep directly into the soil and put water exactly where you need it – at the root zone. Watering low and slow could save the average homeowner up to 20,000 gallons per year.
- Fine Tune Your Irrigation System: Many CWLP customers with irrigation systems set them to run by automated timer, but re-checks of the system are rarely scheduled. Irrigation heads can easily get misaligned or clogged. One faulty irrigation zone can waste 12,500 gallons of water per summer. Inspect your system today.
- Take Shorter Showers and Install an Efficient Showerhead: An average morning shower takes 8 minutes. An older showerhead can use up to 5 gallons of water per minute. Switching to a more efficient showerhead can save almost 4 gallons of water per minute. Taking a 5 minute shower can save you another 15 gallons a day!
- Install a Rain Barrel (rainwater tank) to Collect Water: Even short rain showers allow you to capture water from your roof to store in a rain barrel for future use like watering your plants.
Rain barrels or rainwater harvesting tanks are relatively inexpensive and easy to install. Investing in water tanks for storing rainwater is a wise move, especially if water supply cuts are common, as in many towns and cities around South Africa. Not only do rain water tanks save water and the environment, the reserves of rainwater could also be very useful in the event of natural or man-induced disasters where municipal water supplies are contaminated or shut down. For more information about the wide variety of plastic water tanks and other products manufactured by JoJo Tanks, click on the links below.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including septic tanks, silo tanks and silo tank stands. See JoJo Tanks VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS. Also see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products the best choice in South Africa. JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers.
We supply and despatch orders directly from JoJo Tanks depots around South Africa – saving time and money.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 LITRE JOJO WATER TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks also available on order)