Buying and installing a plastic water tank (or water tanks) at a home or business is a wise decision, especially in water scarce South Africa. Here are 10 reasons why installing a water tank is an excellent idea: A back-up water supply from your existing water source stored in water tanks (whether that be municipal, […]
Tag Archives | rain water tank
Here are some tips and information about JoJo water tanks and the various other JoJo Tanks products available in South Africa. Tank fittings JoJo vertical water tanks come standard with 40mm connectors at the bottom and 40mm inlet/overflow fittings at the top. JoJo vertical chemical tanks come standard with 50mm connectors at the bottom. Water […]
Tyre Ponds are a great little garden feature that can enhance the overall aesthetics and integrated pest management of a site. By inviting biodiversity into the site we can make the system more resilient and attractive which tyre ponds do so elegantly. Here are the steps you need to do in order to create your […]
To encourage environmental sustainability and as a response to climate change, the Eskom Development Foundation has funded 9 000 trees that will be planted across five different municipalities in Mpumalanga, South Africa.
Zanzibar — IN efforts to reduce the problem of water shortage, Zanzibar is planning to implement a rainwater harvest project, the minister responsible for water, housing and human settlement development, Mr Ramadhani Abdallaah Shaaban has said.
Every time it rains, stormwater runoff from developed areas creates problems. Our modern cities are engineered to funnel rainwater from the land as fast as possible into storm sewers were it then goes, untreated, into nearby creeks and streams.
‘Water water everywhere; nor any drop to drink,’ said English poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge in his poem The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. That it could come true very soon if we do not do something about it was the main theme at the critical urban talk ‘Our Water’ organised at the Indo – German […]
Water conservation measures at home need not be difficult nor expensive; check out these easy water saving tips at home:
JoJo water tanks and chemical tanks are made from high grade HDPE/polyethylene and are guaranteed for 5 years. JoJo tanks do not require a high level of maintenance and do not rust like metal/steel tanks. However, there are a few things to check to ensure the best performance from your jojo water tank or rainwater […]
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Video: Budget rainwater harvesting system & water tank August 11, 2015
- JoJo Tanks installation guide (infographic) July 17, 2015
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010