Underground tank installation is more time consuming and complex compared to the installation of above-ground vertical tanks that can be installed on a firm base/platform or tank stand. However, there are some situations where an underground tank, such as the JoJo 6000 litre underground water tank, is a better storage solution over JoJo’s vertical water […]
Tag Archives | jojo water tank prices
Water tanks can be used to store water for a wide range of uses and reasons. Whether the water tanks are filled with rain water, municipal water, borehole/well water, dam/river water or storing waste water (such as grey water), the purpose of water tanks is to store water for one or more of the following […]
Citizens here have urged the government to introduce regulations to force landlords to clean water tanks on the roofs of their residential buildings, according to a local newspaper. They complained that the tanks contain dirty water, parasites and insects. The impurities were coming through their taps, they added. They said the tanks should be cleaned […]
A letter from a South African citizen: Chapter 2 of the Constitution under Section 27 gives every South African the right to sufficient water. I suspect that those of us who are fortunate enough to have sufficient access don’t always realize exactly how difficult life can be without it. Imagine not being able to wash […]
Recent discoveries of water reserves under some of Africa’s mightiest deserts raise hopes for quenching African thirst. But the reality is much more grim.
Water conservation measures at home need not be difficult nor expensive; check out these easy water saving tips at home:
In response to the environmental risks posed by abandoned mines, mining companies are legally required to set aside money to clean-up mining operations before they are officially closed. Research published in a new WWF report indicates, however, that mining companies in South Africa are not fulfilling this obligation adequately.
The billions to be spent on South Afica’s water system will be among the state’s largest capital expenditure projects but it is still unclear where the money will come from. Private investment in water is minuscule at present, as the state appears to prefer it that way. However, the R668bn required to fix SA’s water […]
Water treatment firm Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies South Africa has been contracted by a global engineering, procurement and construction management company to design, fabricate and supply a brackish water treatment plant for the second phase of a mine in Mauritania.
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Video: Budget rainwater harvesting system & water tank August 11, 2015
- JoJo Tanks installation guide (infographic) July 17, 2015
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010