When the Curiosity rover discovered evidence of an ancient stream bed on Mars in late September, it was an important and reassuring discovery. In fact, scientists have found increasing evidence of water on numerous moons, planets, and asteroids in recent years—an encouraging trend for those who see the familiar substance as the backbone of a […]
Archive | extraterrestrial water RSS feed for this section
A mission to land Europe’s first spacecraft on the Moon is to search for water that could be used to help astronauts survive during future manned visits to the lunar surface. It could be the plot of a science fiction novel: a mission to find water on the moon, paving the way for man to […]
Washington: Asteroids from the inner solar system may be the source of the majority of Earth’s water, a new study has claimed, contradicting the belief that most of our planet’s water originated in the outer solar system.
Nasa’s Cassini spacecraft has found strong evidence for an ocean of water beneath the frozen crust of Saturn’s largest moon Titan, scientists said on Thursday. The finding propels Titan into a shortlist of places including Jupiter’s moon Europa and Saturn’s smaller moon Enceladus suspected of harbouring underground seas.
- How to waste less wastewater February 2, 2020
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010