Water tanks can be used to store water for a wide range of uses and reasons.
Whether the water tanks are filled with rain water, municipal water, borehole/well water, dam/river water or storing waste water (such as grey water), the purpose of water tanks is to store water for one or more of the following reasons:
- Irrigation water for crops and gardens can be temporarily stored in water tanks;
- Water tanks can be used as ‘settling tanks’ for silt-laden or otherwise dirty water before filtration occurs;
- Municipal water can be directed to a water tank before entering the building and kept full as an emergency supply back-up of drinking water in case of water supply cuts;
- Water tanks can be used as a primary point of treating borehole/dam/river water and then tested for potability before allowing it to enter the mains supply lines;
- Rainwater can be harvested and stored in water tanks for a multitude of uses;
- Water tanks can be used as temporary water supply points where municipal water services have been disrupted;
- Some types of water tanks can be used as mobile water tankers;
- Water tanks can be used to store water for livestock or wild animals;
- Grey water can be stored for short periods in water tanks for further treatment or before being used for irrigation or recycling purposes;
- Where pressure is required, water can be pumped to- and stored in water tanks that have been placed on tank stands of varying heights, according to pressure requirements;
- Some types of water tanks can be used for breeding fish and various other aquaculture applications;
There are many sizes and types of water tanks made from a variety of materials. Water tanks made from polyethylene are probably one of the better choices for most purposes as their advantages include ease of transport and installation, relatively low cost, no corrosion potential, virtually zero maintenance and a huge array of types & sizes of ‘plastic’ water tanks are available. In South Africa wee recommend water tanks and other products manufactured by JoJo Tanks – click on the links below to view the range of JoJo water tanks, JoJo rainwater tank, JoJo chemical tanks, JoJo tank stands and other high quality JoJo Tanks products.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands. See JoJo Tanks VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS. Also see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products the best choice in South Africa. JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 LITRE JOJO WATER TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks also available on order)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!