Fresh water is a scarce resource and we all have a part to play in conserving as much valuable water as possible Here are some tips on how to save water:
Tag Archives | save money
The old folk wisdom that says place a brick in your toilet’s water tank is partially correct: It’s an effortless way to save water, but a brick isn’t the best choice of object. Use a plastic bottle filled with water instead.
YOU can play an important part in saving water by using these water saving tips in your home: Rain water tanks save water and money too; click on the links below to see the range of JoJo water tanks and tank stands available in South Africa.
The Sol Plaatje municipality plans to cut all water supplies to Kimberley this week to do repairs, a municipal spokesperson said on Tuesday.
Most of us use far more water at home than we realize. Here are some good home water conservation tips from Patty Kim, of National Geographic’s Green Guide. Patty has numerous tips on how to cut back on water use, from the bathroom to the driveway. Great tips and info. Water conservation efforts should also […]
South Africa faces significant water challenges due to the combination of our rapidly growing population and increasingly unreliable rainfall due to climate change.
Spitting can be considered one of the worst habits a person can have, but the British Dental Health Foundation working with SaveWaterSaveMoney and 10 of the UK’s leading water companies are encouraging people to “spit don’t rinse” after using toothpaste. Spitting will not only help to save water but also improve dental health.
Ashkelon, Israel — Abraham Tenne tilts his head upward and takes a gulp of water from a paper cup. But this isn’t your average cup of water. It’s just come directly from the briny Mediterranean Sea.
Rain barrels or rainwater tanks are incredibly easy to set up and use, and there are plenty of good reasons to use one. Here are just a few: 1. You’ll cut back on water usage for your lawn and garden. Your rain barrel or rainwater tank can collect runoff during storms and rain, which you […]
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010