Have you ever wondered how much of a difference all of those little green habits make? Are you really saving energy by switching light bulbs? Do those shorter showers save that much water?
These numbers show that each little bit adds up and that each small change can make a difference.
- Turning off the water while brushing your teeth can save up to 8 gallons of water a day, or 240 gallons a month.
- Switching all of the light bulbs in your home to CFLs can cut up to 300 pounds of carbon emissions each year.
- Fixing your leaky sink can save you 3,000 gallons of water each year.
- Using the microwave: The EPA estimates that you’ll use up to 50% less energy if you opt for the microwave over the oven when reheating small amounts of food.
- According to the EPA, taking a shorter shower can save up to 5 gallons of water a minute.
Source: All Green Recycling (Amy Erickson)
Small changes to habits can make a big difference, not only to the environment but to your bank balance too! A step further is to consider installing water conservation systems and solar energy systems such as solar water heaters.
Contact us for a FREE QUOTE on a solar water geyser, rainwater harvesting system, gray water system or water tank (we are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers and supply and install the full range of JoJo water tanks and JoJo tank stands). Our water tank prices are hard to beat in the Mpumalanga & Limpopo Lowveld (we also supply high quality Atlas Plastics water tanks and other Atlas Plastics products on request). Go green with your house, car and business insurance by switching to green insurance, now available in South Africa.