The old folk wisdom that says place a brick in your toilet’s water tank is partially correct: It’s an effortless way to save water, but a brick isn’t the best choice of object. Use a plastic bottle filled with water instead.
Archive | eco friendly toilets RSS feed for this section
Seattle – Bill Gates is betting the toilet of the future for the developing world will be solar powered. The world’s leading private philanthropist handed a $100,000 (about R800 000) prize to the California Institute of Technology on Tuesday for its work on a self-contained, sun-powered system that recycles water and breaks down human waste […]
VIDEO: Loughborough University has won a prestigious prize in an international competition organised by The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to create a reinvented toilet that is clean, safe, durable and affordable for the poor and does not need to be connected to electricity or a sewer. This reinvented toilet should be appropriate for wealthy […]
Based on nature’s own recycling process, this human waste-disposal system is inexpensive, waterless and a portable compost heap in a bucket. The ‘Jenkins’ humanure toilet is a simple plywood box with ProNature natural varnish. On top is a conventional wooden toilet seat that fits over the top of a bucket. Now you can do your […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010