In conjunction with the tips mentioned in the article below, we also recommend rainwater harvesting and greywater irrigation for saving water and money on landscaping. A few rain water tanks or rain barrels for garden irrigation and domestic water uses is a wise investment, especially in South Africa where water scarcity is a very real […]
Tag Archives | south africa water tanks
The Human Rights Commission says government is likely to face legal action over the high number of people in the country who still don’t have access to clean drinking water and sanitation. The commission is holding public hearings around the country on the provision of the basic right to South Africans.
Did you know that kids can make a very important difference towards water conservation? But first off, why do we even need to know about conserving water? Water is a natural resource that we derive from the Earth. Without it, we would not be able to live! Imagine a world with no water at all. […]
Banks must approve plans for a $500m desalination plant that would provide a new water supply, conference hears The Gaza strip faces a water crisis that will soon make it “unliveable” unless plans for a $500m desalination plant are approved by banks, delegates at a water conference in Stockholm were told this week.
The government, not always obviously, and concerned environmentalists – who are increasingly resorting to courts in the face of a bureaucratic laissez-faire attitude to a clean environment – are directing their energies at keeping SA’s water clean, but whether they are fighting a losing battle given poor attention to essential maintenance is the big question.
The billions to be spent on South Afica’s water system will be among the state’s largest capital expenditure projects but it is still unclear where the money will come from. Private investment in water is minuscule at present, as the state appears to prefer it that way. However, the R668bn required to fix SA’s water […]
SOUTH Australian irrigators have applauded a State Government decision to return 20 billion litres of water to the Murray River. South Australian Premier Jay Weatherill yesterday announced SA Water would sell the water to the Federal Government for environmental flows, easing the burden on river communities faced with relinquishing large quantities under the Murray-Darling Basin […]
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010