There has never been a greater need for better sources of healthy water than exists today. Our tap water can be contaminated with synthetic chemicals, toxic heavy metals, parasites, chlorination by-products, rust from pipes and literally thousands of health threatening compounds. Rainwater from rain water tanks is usually of good quality (rainwater is generally pure […]
Tag Archives | tenke
Severe water shortages in refugee camps in South Sudan close to the Sudanese border have contributed to a rise in mortality and malnutrition rates to alarming levels, in what is a major humanitarian crisis. The ICRC has launched a project to improve water access for about 37,000 people in Yusuf Batil refugee camp.
Determining how much water there is in a water tank can be a real chore (what with having to climb the tower in order to peer through the tank’s manhole). The answer? A simple sight gauge which uses the compression of air in a length of clear plastic tubing as an indication of water pressure […]
Schools use a tremendous amount of water everyday, and require water for their heating and cooling systems, restrooms, drinking water faucets, locker rooms, cafeteria, laboratories, and outdoor playing fields and lawns.
There are a few plastic water tank manufacturers and importers in South Africa but quality and affordability must be considered. JoJo Tanks are our recommended brand for water tanks, chemical tanks, silo tanks as well as tank stands and many other products. Read 10 good reasons to install a JoJo water tank below:
The water issue is gaining increasing prominence in bilateral relations between Pakistan and India. Recent disputes over the Baglihar and Kishanganga dams have placed great strain on the long-standing water sharing arrangement based on the Indus Water Treaty. As water stress becomes an increasingly glaring reality, the whole world will be watching how our nuclear […]
Simple changes in your water-use habits can reduce your water consumption:
Step by step instruction on how to make the cheapest and easiest rain barrel. You’ll be able to find a food-grade barrel in your area and make one of these for very cheaply. The parts are available at hardware and irrigation stores. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make your rain barrel:
South Africa’s dwindling supplies of clean water are steadily going down the drain because of poor policing, theft, pollution, neglect and wasteful use.
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010