South Africa’s dwindling supplies of clean water are steadily going down the drain because of poor policing, theft, pollution, neglect and wasteful use.
Archive | Environmental Law RSS feed for this section
An owner and operator of wastewater treatment facilities has been sentenced in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana to 21 months in prison and a $310,000 criminal fine for violating the Clean Water Act. Jeffrey Pruett, the CEO of LWC Management Company, Inc. and principal of Louisiana Land & Water Company […]
The Environmental Assessment Practitioners Association of South Africa (Eapasa) was launched on Thursday. Eapasa aims to advance the quality of environmental assessment practice in South Africa by establishing, promoting and maintaining registration of environmental assessment practitioners. The Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA) reported that government and the Eapasa would commit themselves to putting in place […]
The Environmental Management Inspectorate (EMI), known as the Green Scorpions, found that Eskom and Neotel were guilty of non-compliance at certain of their projects in Limpopo, as the EMI continued its national environmental law compliance inspections.
Nairobi — Beware those who shout loudest on New Year. The national environment agency has launched a 48-hour campaign to monitor noise levels as Kenyans prepare to celebrate the New Year. A National Environment Management Authority official, Mr Wachira Bore, said the campaign was meant to make business owners and churches aware of the risks […]
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010