It is necessary to periodically clean water storage tanks. The frequency will depend on the quality of the water entering the water tank. JoJo Tanks South Africa offers a guide to cleaning water tanks below. Start by emptying out the tank as much as possible. Do this by opening the water tank outlet at the […]
Tag Archives | jojo tanks south africa
In many cases, the subject of water tanks and rainwater tanks tends to focus on domestic applications but businesses should also consider installing water tanks and/or rainwater harvesting systems, especially in water-scarce South Africa. Water shortages and water supply cuts (both planned and unannounced) are a reality in South Africa and can play havoc with […]
Water Facts Some 1.1 billion people, or 18 % of the word’s population, lack access to safe drinking water, and over 2.4 billion people lack access to adequate sanitation.
In a busy world filled with modern conveniences and ever-evolving technology, an off-the-grid lifestyle may seem too challenging to adapt to. The truth is, it is entirely possible to live off the grid, and embracing a green lifestyle such as this can be rewarding in so many ways.
Sustainability and the environmental impact of construction are two topics that have become increasingly important in recent years and there’s no reason why self-builders can’t do their bit to help. If you are in the early stages of designing and planning your own property, take a look at these eco-friendly building materials and techniques that […]
Access to clean drinking water in South Africa has been the subject of service delivery protests and even court action. For some communities, having permanent access to the resource has become a luxury. Unhappiness with the pace of delivery has seen many communities resort to service delivery protests. Municipalities blame a lack of resources and […]
Recent discoveries of water reserves under some of Africa’s mightiest deserts raise hopes for quenching African thirst. But the reality is much more grim.
In response to the environmental risks posed by abandoned mines, mining companies are legally required to set aside money to clean-up mining operations before they are officially closed. Research published in a new WWF report indicates, however, that mining companies in South Africa are not fulfilling this obligation adequately.
An interesting Q&A with Rod Cairns, MD of JoJo Tanks – South Africa’s foremost water tank manufacturer Is municipal water expensive in South Africa compared with other countries?
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Video: Budget rainwater harvesting system & water tank August 11, 2015
- JoJo Tanks installation guide (infographic) July 17, 2015
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010