Communities with low socioeconomic status based on income, education and housing would be the most vulnerable to the effects of climate change, a new Water Research Commission (WRC) study showed.
Tag Archives | 5000 litre water tanks
Cape Town – This could be the definition of a new-age green house – a house that uses no electricity and runs purely on sustainable energy, right in Mitchells Plain, Cape Town. Could this be a glimpse into the future?
The best thing about rain water is it’s free and 15 schools in Tembisa township have been benefiting from the Rand Water Foundation’s rain water harvesting project for a year now. Rand Water’s corporate social investment (CSI) project was officially handed over to the department of education at the Ipontshe Primary School in Tembisa yesterday. […]
Judgment is expected today in an urgent application for access to clean water in Carolina, Mpumalanga. Lawyers for Human Rights and the Legal Resources Centre, acting for the Federation for a Sustainable Environment and Silobela Concerned Community, filed an urgent application in the High Court in Pretoria when no agreement could be reached with the […]
Step by step instruction on how to make the cheapest and easiest rain barrel. You’ll be able to find a food-grade barrel in your area and make one of these for very cheaply. The parts are available at hardware and irrigation stores. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make your rain barrel:
Nine people were arrested during a service delivery protest over municipal water in Lilydale in the Bushbuckridge municipality on Monday, Mpumalanga police said. “At 6am residents… went on the rampage. They burnt municipal offices and a Caterpillar grader,” said Lt-Col Leonard Hlathi. The residents were demonstrating their dissatisfaction over municipal water in the area which […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010