Water should be more highly valued to reflect its worth and reduce its waste, said Paul Bulcke, chief executive officer at Nestle SA (NESN), the world’s biggest food company.
Archive | world water week RSS feed for this section
STOCKHOLM (IDN) – Rapidly escalating demands for limited water and land from all sectors of the economy call for urgent solutions. This is what over 2500 political and business leaders as well as representatives of 200 international organisations will strive for at the World Water Week in Stockholm, August 26-3, 2012.
When addressing sustainability in global supply chains, the challenge is to manage and minimise the negative impacts There are flowers to fit every occasion. But if you are celebrating World Water Week (26-31 August), you might want to think twice. A single rose – grown in Kenya, as many of the world’s cut flowers are […]
An umbrella organisation for the plastics industry will be using National Water Week (18-23 March 2012) as a platform to launch one of the Sustainability Council’s Waste Management Strategies for 2012.
22 March 2011 was World Water Day 2011, one day into South Africa’s National Water Week (21-27 March 2011)… a busy week for water coservation! “South Africa needs to be more sensible about the use and management of land and water resources. The more we reduce the ecosystems’ ability to deliver clean fresh water, the […]
Progress in efforts to improve water quality as a response to challenges facing the global water sector will be in the spotlight when delegates meet for this year’s World Water Week (WWW) in Sweden. Water and Environmental Affairs Deputy Minister Rejoice Mabudafhasi will on Friday depart to Stockholm, where she will be representing South Africa. […]
- What size water tank do I need for my household? September 24, 2020
- How to waste less wastewater February 2, 2020
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010