DA MP says dilapidated infrastructure has caused shortages in Mafikeng and Nelspruit Minister must appoint task team to address water infrastructure backlog
Tag Archives | 15000 litre water tanks
ESIGODINI, Zimbabwe (Alertnet) – For the smallholder farmers in arid Esigodini, just south of Bulawayo, the heavy downpours that have hit the area in recent months have been a godsend. “We have not seen this much rain in years,” said farmer Brenda Zulu.
With EU-backed forces advancing across Mali, the need for European and other donors to accelerate the development process in Africa’s poorest regions appears ever more pressing. For development experts a simple, yet unheralded solution exists – planting trees.
Melbourne Water, a water supply company owned by the Victorian State Government, is encouraging Australian residents to create 10,000 rain gardens – and they’re already up to 7,804! A rain garden is a water-saving garden that is designed to capture stormwater from hard surfaces such as driveways, patios and roofs via downpipes after it rains.
Capturing rainwater from your roof is a great way to supply water for a range of purposes including washing clothes, flushing toilets and watering your garden. Rainwater tanks can also help you save money on your water bill, especially if you also use other water saving devices such as dual flush toilets, water-efficient showerheads, trigger […]
UK businesses and households are being urged to use rainwater harvesting technology to offset the rise in water bills announced yesterday. The call from energy saving advisors at Enevis follows Ofwat’s announcement of the above-inflation rise to household water bills. The regulator confirmed average UK household water and sewage bill would increase by 3.5% from […]
Utilizing rain barrels in your landscape would seem to be a no-brainer. As Florida’s population grows, the demand on limited water resources steadily increases. Saltwater intrusion into freshweater wells further reduces the state’s available water supply. Homeowners who want to continue watering landscape plants must practice water conservation.
Dentists in the Potchefstroom area will begin collecting teeth from donors to better understand uranium content in the local water supply, according to a media report on Saturday.
Johannesburg – It’s been one of the coolest springs on record, but the heat of summer is just around the corner. What should you be doing in the garden this summer?
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010