Johannesburg – It’s been one of the coolest springs on record, but the heat of summer is just around the corner. What should you be doing in the garden this summer?
Tag Archives | save water in the garden
Follow these easy tips to save water in the garden:
Xeriscaping is a method of garden design that involves choosing of plants that can be maintained with little supplemental watering.
Hot and dry weather provides reason enough to think about simple ways to save water while still enjoying beautiful yards and gardens. You may even find that your efforts to be water smart may improve the health and appearance of your plants.
Water is always a precious commodity and it seems that, in the South [in the USA], we are only about two to three weeks from a drought. We are getting dry in places, so now is the time to think about how you can save water this summer in the garden.
There are loads of very easy tricks that can help cut down on water use in the garden. Your first priority should be to set up as many water butts as your home can take: every downpipe and shed roof can be helping you to store up rainwater for the dry times.
- What size water tank do I need for my household? September 24, 2020
- How to waste less wastewater February 2, 2020
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010