Severe water shortages in refugee camps in South Sudan close to the Sudanese border have contributed to a rise in mortality and malnutrition rates to alarming levels, in what is a major humanitarian crisis. The ICRC has launched a project to improve water access for about 37,000 people in Yusuf Batil refugee camp.
Tag Archives | water infrastructure
One of the great ironies in the US water sector is that while many cities are starved for funding, billions of dollars in capital raised by private infrastructure funds continues to sit on the sidelines untapped and looking for deals.
Water should be more highly valued to reflect its worth and reduce its waste, said Paul Bulcke, chief executive officer at Nestle SA (NESN), the world’s biggest food company.
Investment in South Africa’s water resources needs to double in the next 10 years if the country is to meet the growing demand, Water and Environmental Affairs Minister Edna Molewa said on Monday. “It’s going to require a lot of money but the demands require us to put more funding into water infrastructure but at […]
(Reuters) – With water bills on the rise even as consumers are being urged to use less, more than 70 percent of water companies either lack the funds to maintain aging infrastructure or have just enough to meet requirements, a new industry survey reports. Much of the financial pressure on water utilities comes from the […]
Over R570-billion will be needed for investment across South Africa’s water value chain, in the coming 10 years, according to Minister for Water and Environmental Affairs Edna Molewa.
The government is hoping to attract about R25 billion from foreign investors to help revive its ageing water infrastructure, says Water Affairs Minister Edna Molewa, South Africa.
With all of its life-giving properties, water is not often associated with acts of war. Yet many important interconnections are apparent in modern life. For example, wars are sometimes fought on waterways; those engaged in military operations have many needs for water; war can adversely impact water resources; and increasingly, observers worry that wars might […]
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010