Perhaps the thought of water tanks conjures up an image of rural farmsteads with the odd water tank on a tank stand but private water tanks are now being seen in many towns and cities, especially in South Africa, with good reason. A business or a household with one or may water tanks may have […]
Tag Archives | jojo water tenk
A NEW scheme to save water could help prevent harbour pollution as well as provide an ongoing water supply for Sydney, experts say. The plans, being discussed at a national water conference, would involve harvesting and recycling stormwater for non-drinking purposes.
The Sol Plaatje municipality plans to cut all water supplies to Kimberley this week to do repairs, a municipal spokesperson said on Tuesday.
A rainwater tank or water tank is a beneficial addition to any home, whether new or established, and the additional water can give a homeowner freedom from the water restrictions that are in place in many areas. However, there are some things that you need to consider when choosing a water tank in order to […]
How to go green has been a frequent topic on this site. I have addressed the question of why someone would want to go green to a lesser extent. There are many reasons, and people are motivated by different things, so there is no over-riding reason to go green. Here I will just give three […]
Simple steps to see the world while polluting less It’s a paradox of modern travel: The beauty of the natural world motivates many a globetrotter to get out the door. Yet our increasing use of trains, automobiles and especially planes can wreak havoc on global ecosystems.
Big business in South Africa indicated on Tuesday that it was giving priority attention to programmes that could help offset an anticipated electricity supply shortfall that was expected to re-emerge during the course of next year. The system had stabilised since the rolling blackouts of 2008, mostly as a result of a decline in demand, […]
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010