A stone-age underground water reservoir could transform life in arid Namibia, a government official said Friday, holding up to five million cubic metres of water that could supply the area for 400 years. “If the underground water reservoir is indeed there and scientifically proven, it would be a relief for the supply of potable water […]
Tag Archives | 15000l tanks
South Africa’s dwindling supplies of clean water are steadily going down the drain because of poor policing, theft, pollution, neglect and wasteful use.
Future water availability is one of the biggest threats facing people and business in South Africa. Yet it is a threat that many companies do not seem to appreciate, if this year’s Water Disclosure Project report is anything to go by.
Good water management of is key. Whether it’s bread, meat, milk or fruit, whatever we eat demands water. The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) estimates that we need to increase agricultural production globally by 70% to feed the projected 9 billion people expected on the planet by 2050.
Over the past 40 years the world’s population has doubled. Our use of water has quadrupled. Yet the amount of water on Earth has stayed the same. Less than 1% of the water on planet blue is for humans to drink. About 2% is locked up in ice. The rest is for the fish. Seawater […]
There is nothing new about collecting rainwater. Storage jars used for water collection some 2000 years ago have been found as far away as Thailand . In more recent times, we need to look closer to home to Spain and their Cisternas. All that has changed is an ever pressing need to help save our […]
- What size water tank do I need for my household? September 24, 2020
- How to waste less wastewater February 2, 2020
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010