The world faces a projected 40 percent shortfall in freshwater by 2030, according to a study by the 2030 Water Resources Group. Seventy percent of the water humans use now goes toward agriculture. So it’s no surprise that the central theme of the annual World Water Week conference held last week in Stockholm is how […]
Tag Archives | world water week
Policymakers and experts from around the world are meeting this week in Stockholm to discuss ways out of what they call the growing global water crisis, with emphasis this year on the relation between water and food security. Ahead of the August 26-31 World Water Week conference, RFE/RL correspondent Eugen Tomiuc discussed some of the […]
Recent discoveries of water reserves under some of Africa’s mightiest deserts raise hopes for quenching African thirst. But the reality is much more grim.
STOCKHOLM (IDN) – Rapidly escalating demands for limited water and land from all sectors of the economy call for urgent solutions. This is what over 2500 political and business leaders as well as representatives of 200 international organisations will strive for at the World Water Week in Stockholm, August 26-3, 2012.
Progress in efforts to improve water quality as a response to challenges facing the global water sector will be in the spotlight when delegates meet for this year’s World Water Week (WWW) in Sweden. Water and Environmental Affairs Deputy Minister Rejoice Mabudafhasi will on Friday depart to Stockholm, where she will be representing South Africa. […]
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010