Underground water tanks are sometimes a better option that the normal above-ground vertical water tanks. Here are 4 main reasons to install underground water tanks: Where space is limited: In some cases there is simply no space for the placement of above-ground water tanks. High property values mean that every square inch of property is […]
Tag Archives | under ground tanks
Underground water tanks are becoming increasingly popular in South Africa. Due to the excavation requirements, it is easier to install underground water tanks during the construction phase of a home/development but they can still be installed at existing properties. Here are a few advantages of underground water tanks: Space: Where space is at a premium, […]
There are many reasons to create landscapes in our yards – to add softness to the harsh angles of a home, to make the transition from the natural environment to the built environment appear more seamless, to abide by deed restrictions for foundation planting or simply to foster a passion for gardening. What if these […]
Underground water tanks are a great choice for the person that doesn’t want visual impact of the above ground water tank or is limited to space. There are several things to consider when deciding on which underground water storage system to use at your home or commercial property.
Did you know that more than 80% of rainwater evaporates back into the atmosphere? When water evaporates through plants, (transpiration) it cools the atmosphere and biological diversity increases. Rainwater harvesting is not only a way to make the most of nature’s gift, but containing runoff from your roof and paving will also help improve the […]
Watch this video for some insight into how a underground rain water tank and rainwater harvesting system is installed and operated. Although the above company in Australian, the same principles for rainwater harvesting and rainwater tanks can be applied to South Africa.
Wonder how JoJo plastic tanks are made? Do you know what SG means? Find out about tanks from South Africa’s biggest water tank manufacturer with this interesting FAQ How is a JoJo Tank constructed? 1. What does S.G. mean in the tank descriptions?
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010