Underground water tanks are becoming increasingly popular in South Africa. Due to the excavation requirements, it is easier to install underground water tanks during the construction phase of a home/development but they can still be installed at existing properties.
Here are a few advantages of underground water tanks:
- Space: Where space is at a premium, specially designed robust poly underground water tanks such as the JoJo 6000 litre underground tank, can even be installed under driveways.
- Protection: Underground water tanks are protected from the elements – storms, fires and floods (to a certain extent!) will not affect underground tanks as they would above-ground tanks.
- Insulation: Water stored underground will be insulated against extreme temperatures – from excessive heat in deserts to below freezing temperatures in cold climes.
- Aesthetics: There are some who do not like the visual impact that standard, above-ground water tanks make. Underground water tanks are obviously completely hidden and have no visual impact.
- Safety: Above-ground water tanks, especially those not installed on water tank stands, are vulnerable to tampering and vandalism. While this may not seem like an issue in many ‘First World’ countries, it may be a serious threat in others. Underground water tanks are secure and any would-be criminals would not even know of the underground tank’s presence.
- Capacity: Large underground water tanks such as the JoJo 6000 liter underground tank store a significant amount of water. Underground water tanks can be installed in series, doubling, tripling the amount of storage capacity. Where space is limited, this could limit the size and number of above-ground water tanks that could be installed.
In many cases, standard above-ground water tanks will be fine and will generally cost lest to install but underground water tanks definitely have a place. Be sure to choose only the best quality underground water tanks that are designed to withstand the significant forces that buried tanks must endure. We recommend the JoJo Tanks 6000 litre underground tank.
Click on the links below for more information on the 6000l underground water tank as well as the range of other JoJo water tanks, JoJo horizontal tanks, JoJo tank stands, JoJo septic tanks, JoJo chemical tanks, JoJo silo tanks and other agricultural and sanitation products manufactured by JoJo Tanks South Africa.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!