Polyethylene or ‘plastic’ water tanks are becoming available in an ever-increasing array of colours. In South Africa, JoJo Tanks probably has the widest range of colours available in the country.
Here are some useful tips/reasons/thoughts on the subject of water tank colour.
- In many cases, the cost difference between the standard , commonly seen green water tanks and other colours is very small (or the same price as is the case with most JoJo water tanks). So go ahead and buy the colour that suits your requirements best!
- In Africa, water tanks that are exposed to the sun all day can heat up substantially. This is where lighter colours will be better if solar heating of the stored water is to be avoided. The coolest water will come from white water tanks while water stored in black water tanks will heat up quickly. Perhaps warm water through solar heating is desired – in this case the black water tanks would be best.
- Building codes & restrictions: Some estates/complexes/industrial parks will have certain building codes that restrict or prescribe what colours are allowed. Plastic water tanks are available in a number of colours so there should be a colour that will be accepted. JoJo Tanks offer neutral colours such as ‘wintergrass’ (light tan) and ‘khaki’ which blend in well with most buildings.
- Aesthetics are important to many water tank buyers; by choosing the right colour water tank, even a large 5000 litre tank or 10000 litre tank can look relatively unobtrusive.
- There are situations where a bright coloured water tank is desirable. For example, an emergency water storage tank for fire-fighting purposes – here a bright red or yellow water tank would work well – it should be easily recognised from afar. Schools and education centres may also want a bright, noticeable water tank to ensure learners take notice of it (perhaps as a water conservation education tool).
- Water tanks in wildlife areas should blend in with the environment. As water tanks are often installed on high water tank stands, they can be extremely visible and an eyesore if of the wrong colour. JoJo Tanks offer water tanks in ‘bushveld green’ – usually the best choice for South Africa’s vegetation. Another situation where camouflage is important is for military installations/bases – a neutral water tank colour that blends with the surroundings would obviously be called for.
- Lighter coloured water tanks tend to let more light into the stored water and so encourage algae growth. Unlike many other poly water tanks available in South Africa, JoJo water tanks are lined with an inner black lining that reduces light infiltration and also inhibits algae growth (therefore a JoJo tank in any colour can be chosen and the difference in algae growth will be minimal).
If none of the above points are too important, just choose the tank colour that you like best!
Click on the links below to view the full range of JoJo Tanks products available throughout South Africa.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!