Water is made up of 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom (H2O). When these H2Os join together they form water. When water falls on the earth’s surface from the clouds, many substances dissolve in the water, eg. silt, minerals, bacteria, etc., just like a train picking up passengers. Water is the train that moves […]
Tag Archives | Rand Water
The best thing about rain water is it’s free and 15 schools in Tembisa township have been benefiting from the Rand Water Foundation’s rain water harvesting project for a year now. Rand Water’s corporate social investment (CSI) project was officially handed over to the department of education at the Ipontshe Primary School in Tembisa yesterday. […]
South African municipalities owe the country’s 12 water boards R2.26-billion, Water and Environmental Affairs Minister Edna Molewa said on Thursday.
South Africa’s water boards are proposing increases of between 6,2% and 43% to the cost of the potable bulk water they supply to the country’s municipalities. Such tariff increases, if accepted, are likely to increase the cost of drinking water supplied by municipalities to end users. The proposals, details of which are contained in a […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010