South Africa’s dwindling supplies of clean water are steadily going down the drain because of poor policing, theft, pollution, neglect and wasteful use.
Tag Archives | blue scorpions
A farmer from Delmas, Mpumalanga has lodged a complaint against mining company Exxaro with the Blue Scorpions Beeld reported that the mining giant had allegedly destroyed one wetland and commenced mining in a second.
NELSPRUIT – It is not safe to drink water from any river in Mpumalanga. This alarming fact is just one of the concerns mentioned in the most recent report by Inkomati in Mpumalanga. Inkomati is South Africa’s first catchment management agency and was launched in the province in November 2006.
Those responsible for contaminating South African land will pay, Environmental Affairs Minister Buyelwa Sonjica said on Wednesday. “We have taken the view that the cost of reducing pollution must be shared between people who are responsible for waste: the polluters,” she told a waste management conference in Boksburg, east of Johannesburg. “We are now saying […]
Environmental courts are to be established to address water crimes that threaten an already water-stressed nation, Water and Environmental Affairs Minister Buyelwa Sonjica announced. “We are working closely with the South African Police Service and the directorate of public prosecutions to address water crimes that threaten the security of supply to lawful water users,” she […]
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010