Clean and plentiful water provides the foundation for the prosperity of any community for it to survive. Water supply issues should not be a problem for Zimbabwe since we share the Zambezi, Pungwe, Save and Limpopo water basins with neighbouring countries Mozambique, Zambia, Botswana and South Africa. However, mere access to water is not sufficient […]
Tag Archives | zimbabwe water shortages
The government is concerned about water shortages in schools across the country, according to the Minister of Education, Sport, Arts and Culture David Coltart. Zimbabwe’s schools opened for the third term on September 11 and the persistent water cuts are exposing children to disease.
Mpilo Central Hospital in Bulawayo has been hit by a critical shortage of water, a development which has resulted in the referral centre shutting down its operating theatre.
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010