For those who enjoy eBooks, this one is full of invaluable information about water storage, from water tanks to open ponds. The Complete Guide to Water Storage: How to Use Gray Water and Rainwater Systems, Rain Barrels, Water Tanks, and Other Water Storage Techniques for Household and Emergency Use (Back to Basics Conserving) Water is […]
Tag Archives | water storage
International World Water Day is held annually on 22 March as a means of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.
Water tanks are also great for storing municipal water for a number of reasons discussed below.
There are a number of ways to save water, and they all start with you. #2 When washing dishes by hand, don’t let the water run while rinsing. Fill one sink with wash water and the other with rinse water. #3 Some refrigerators, air conditioners and ice-makers are cooled with wasted flows of water. Consider […]
Plastic Tanks up to 20,000 litres have replaced tanks of most other materials (especially fiberglass tanks) over the last decade. Plastic tanks are especially good for storing water and most chemicals including chlorine, bleaches and acids. An advantage that plastic tanks have over storage tanks made from most other materials is much lighter weight. The […]
Installed above or below ground? When planning the installation of a rainwater tank or any tank for water storage, it is important to consider where it can be located on your property. In many cases water tanks are installed above ground, especially when the water tank is being installed alongside an existing dwelling. However installing the […]
The Zoetrope is a vertical-axis wind turbine (VAWT) made from materials commonly found at your local hardware store and a few easily purchased online, and Applied Sciences has made the decision to “open source” the turbine for everyone who wants to try their hand at making one. With videos and a downloadable PDF construction guide, […]
Rainwater that is captured and stored correctly is a safe, economical and sustainable source of quality water. Rainwater is as safe as any source of water, provided certain safety precautions are taken as part of water capture, storage and distribution. In fact some say that rainwater is safer than water supplied through mains or reticulated water systems. Our mains […]
1. How do I make a rainwater harvesting system pay for itself (amortize its cost) and why should I not just harvest rainwater for irrigation. Simply by collecting and using water harvested during the rain season and using this water in your whole household, the tank surges full very rapidly, but you draw water from […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010