Water and Environmental Affairs Minister Edna Molewa has marked National Water Week by unveiling the Komati Water Scheme Augmentation Project (KWSAP), which has been designed to resolve the water supply problems to Eskom’s Duvha and Matla power stations in Mpumalanga.
Tag Archives | water and energy
Super-small particles of silicon react with water to produce hydrogen almost instantaneously, according to University at Buffalo researchers.
As far as interrelated water and energy challenges go, the case of the natural gas drilling method known as fracking is a doozy. Natural gas has been touted as a relatively cheap, less-polluting replacement for coal and petroleum, and that’s fine as far as global warming management goes.
London: British scientists claim they are developing a unique device which can turn used toilet waste into drinking water.
More than half of China’s cities are affected by acid rain and one-sixth of major rivers are so polluted the water is unfit even for farmland, a senior official said on Friday in a bleak assessment of the environmental price of the country’s economic boom. The environmental degradation which has accompanied China’s breakneck growth has […]
What will it take to convince the federal government that water and energy are tightly intertwined…and therefore their respective planning and policy must be closely linked? The answer might just be: The New York Times. The newspaper’s recent investigative series on natural gas drilling, which has shed more light on hydrofracking’s adverse impact on water […]
Recognising the strategic link between sustainable water management and energy generation, the Water Research Commission (WRC) and Eskom have agreed to enter into a strategic research partnership through a Memorandum of Agreement and the formation of a Joint Research Committee. Through this partnership, Eskom and the WRC will jointly fund and undertake research on topics […]
South African petrochemicals group Sasol intends to ramp up production by half to 450-million scfd of gas from its natural gas fields in Mozambique, a senior company official said on Wednesday.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010