In South Africa, the two commonly encountered types of water tank stands are made from either steel or timber; which should you choose? Water tanks and tank stands often go hand-in-hand – water tank stands provide a level solid base for water tanks and enable water to be stored at an elevation to make use […]
Tag Archives | tank stand
All JoJo water tank stands are designed, certified and built by an experienced, professional structural engineer. This ensures peace of mind when it comes to safety considerations. JoJo tank stands are available for vertical water tanks up 10000 litres and are available in the following heights: 1.5m, 3m, 4.5m, 6m & 9m. JoJo Tanks can […]
Water utilities are losing billions of Rand through lost and stolen water in South Africa, while poor sanitation in Africa is leading to the deaths of millions of children through water-borne diseases. This emerged from the four-day African Water Association conference, which started in Durban yesterday.
Water is a remarkable substance – central to life, it feeds our nations, drives our industry, washes away our troubles, quenches our thirst, and brings beauty and pleasure into our lives. South Africa is a country that, contrary to belief, does not have an abundant supply of water and could well be described as a […]
How much water have you used today? It may be more than you think. As the infographic below shows, hundreds of millions of people lack access to clean water, while some of the most common products and services we use every day require hundreds, if not thousands, of gallons of water to exist.
International World Water Day is held annually on 22 March as a means of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.
The government is hoping to attract about R25 billion from foreign investors to help revive its ageing water infrastructure, says Water Affairs Minister Edna Molewa, South Africa.
Water stored in water tanks was a major source of water before many of us began living in modern towns and cities. Running water and huge central water storage facilities were not available and water tanks greatly assisted people in saving time from fetching water from a canal, river or dam.
JoJo tanks should ideally be installed on the JoJo steel tank stands designed by structural engineer for this specific purpose – an engineer’s certificate is available on request. These stands provide the level and robust base required to support the weight of a full tank, which could be up to 10 tons in the case […]
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Video: Budget rainwater harvesting system & water tank August 11, 2015
- JoJo Tanks installation guide (infographic) July 17, 2015
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010