A flat and well constructed base is critical for all water tanks. The whole under side of the tank must be fully supported. Every 1000 litres of water weighs 1 tonne. It is critical that the overall weight of your tank is considered before deciding the location.
Tag Archives | tank base
The 15000 litre water tank has been retro-fitted to the toilet and in the summer it is used to top up the swimming pool. Crushed granite is used for the base (100mm thick) A video of a good example of a 15000 litre water tank and rain water harvesting system in Australia. A similar rainwater […]
Every year millions of car tyres wear out. When one considers the number of cars on our roads and you times that number by four – just think of the number of tyres that we are chucking out every year! Yes some are retreaded, and their lives extended, and some are recycled and turned into […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010