In response to the environmental risks posed by abandoned mines, mining companies are legally required to set aside money to clean-up mining operations before they are officially closed. Research published in a new WWF report indicates, however, that mining companies in South Africa are not fulfilling this obligation adequately.
Tag Archives | south african mines
By admin on August 21, 2012 in acid mine drainage, environmental crime, JOJO, jojo tank prices, JoJo Tanks, JOJO TENKE, jojo water tank, JOJO WATER TANKS, LOCAL TANK DEALERS, mining, plastic water tanks, Pollution, RAINWATER TANKS, saving water, South Africa water, TANK STANDS, TENK, WATER, water conservation, water pollution, water quality management, water quality South Africa, WATER SAVING, water storage, WATER TANK, water tank dealers, WATER TANK PRICES, water tanks
Read full story • Comments are closed
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010