Fortunately, in South Africa there are no such restrictions or laws governing rainwater harvesting or rain tanks, as there are in some states and counties in the US. Should you be renting, your landlord may be very happy to cover part- or all of the cost of rain water tank installation as water conservation systems, […]
Tag Archives | rainwater harvesting laws
In South Africa, fortunately there are no restrictions on rainwater harvesting and the installation of rain water tanks. In the USA however, rainwater harvesting can be illegal in certain states or cities; this article will hopefully be of help to our US readers. Many homeowners have an eye out for ways they can conserve energy […]
Collecting and reusing rainwater isn’t just good for the environment. It could also be good for your pocketbook. Recycling rainwater can cut down on your monthly water bill by reducing excess waste and depending less on public water systems.
Gary Harrington, an Oregon (USA) man, will be spending a month in jail, after being convicted on nine misdemeanor charges. His crime? “Illegally” collecting rain water on his own property.
Weird Water Laws Last year, Colorado state in the USA just came one step closer to making rainwater harvesting a legal option for more of its residents. Before the new law allowing rainwater collection was passed, it was illegal in Colorado to gather rainwater and snowmelt that fell from a rooftop, patio or driveway into […]
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010