A perennial shortage has been largely solved by harvesting what falls from the sky Goenpasingma Lower Secondary School : Eight years ago, day-scholar students of Goenpasingma lower secondary school in Pemagatshel did not just carry books while going to school in the morning; they also each carried five litres of drinking water.
Tag Archives | rainwater harvesting for schools
The government is concerned about water shortages in schools across the country, according to the Minister of Education, Sport, Arts and Culture David Coltart. Zimbabwe’s schools opened for the third term on September 11 and the persistent water cuts are exposing children to disease.
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010