An innovative project expected to provide safe drinking water annually to 4.5 million people in western Kenya has been feted at the ongoing climate change talks in Doha, Qatar. The LifeStraw Carbon for Water in Kenya, undertaken by Vestergaard Frandsen, was showcased and honoured at an event attended by UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon […]
Tag Archives | lifestraw
Severe water shortages in refugee camps in South Sudan close to the Sudanese border have contributed to a rise in mortality and malnutrition rates to alarming levels, in what is a major humanitarian crisis. The ICRC has launched a project to improve water access for about 37,000 people in Yusuf Batil refugee camp.
More than one billion people – one sixth of the world’s population – are without access to safe water supply. At any given moment, about half of the world’s poor are suffering from waterborne diseases, of which over 6,000 – mainly children – die each day as a direct result of consuming unsafe drinking water.
Water conservation has become an essential practice in all regions, even in areas where water seems abundant. In addition to saving money on your utility bill, water conservation helps prevent water pollution in nearby lakes, rivers and local watersheds.
Water is essential for life. But access to clean water should not be taken for granted. Today, more that one billion people are without access to safe drinking water, and as the world population grows, things can only get worse. There is an urgent need for practical and cheap solutions that can improve water quality, […]
- How to waste less wastewater February 2, 2020
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010