The water crisis in Limpopo’s Mopani district is worsening and there isn’t a solution in sight. The district is marred by persistent water shortages and at some stage bore holes were flagged as a solution.
Tag Archives | 5000 litre water tank
The lack of clean drinking water at Asab village in the Gibeon Constituency is now a thing of the past, as a borehole supplying clean water was drilled there in August. Nampa reported in July this year that a lack of water had forced residents to dig holes in the nearby Asab riverbed to […]
An interesting Q&A with Rod Cairns, MD of JoJo Tanks – South Africa’s foremost water tank manufacturer Is municipal water expensive in South Africa compared with other countries?
The 15000 litre water tank has been retro-fitted to the toilet and in the summer it is used to top up the swimming pool. Crushed granite is used for the base (100mm thick) A video of a good example of a 15000 litre water tank and rain water harvesting system in Australia. A similar rainwater […]
The first thing you need to do is decide just what you are going to do with the water you collect in your rain water tank? Here are some possibilities of uses for the water, the list is by no means complete:
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Video: Budget rainwater harvesting system & water tank August 11, 2015
- JoJo Tanks installation guide (infographic) July 17, 2015
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010