March 22, 2013 is the 20th anniversary of World Water Day. Although about 70 percent of the earth’s surface is covered by water, only 0.001 percent is fresh and available for human consumption. The largest portion of this—70 percent—is used for agriculture. Global agricultural water consumption is expected to increase by approximately 19 percent by […]
Tag Archives | World Water Day
The availability of freshwater presents one of the greatest risks to our global economy. The World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Risk Report 2012 lists a global water supply crisis as the second most important global risk, following shortly on the heels of a major systemic failure of our financial systems.
World Water Day should be everyday. We tend take water for granted with hardly any thought of how lucky we are to have safe drinking water ‘on tap’. By supporting programmes such as UNICEF’s TAP Project, globally we can make a difference. Contact us for a free quote on a rainwater harvesting system, rainwater tank, […]
Our Thirsty World World Water Day 2010 & Beyond: We Can Solve the Global Water Crisis Why World Water Day? Billions of people worldwide lack access to safe drinking water and sanitation: one out of every six people lack safe drinking water and two out of every five people lack adequate sanitation. World Water Day, […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010