Some interesting facts as well as some very disturbing information – water on this planet is in dire need of conservation and innovative ideas are needed in order for Earth to be able to cope with the exploding human population. One way of saving water and helping the environment is to collect rainwater and store […]
Tag Archives | water facts
Water Facts Some 1.1 billion people, or 18 % of the word’s population, lack access to safe drinking water, and over 2.4 billion people lack access to adequate sanitation.
Enjoy this short video about some amazing water facts. Can you believe that the average person in North America uses 105,7 gallons (+- 400 litres) of water per day while the average person in Mozambique uses 1,3 gallons (+- 5 litres) per day? This is shocking when one considers that a low-flow toilet in the […]
Water is an extremely precious resource both globally and particularly in Southern Africa. Consider some of these glaring facts: 97% of the earth’s water is in the oceans. Only 3% of the earth’s water can be used as drinking water. 75% of the world’s fresh water is frozen in the polar ice caps. Over 6 […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010