1. Minimize Energy Consumption 2. Reduce the Household Waste Stream 3. Conserve Water 4. Eat Less Meat 5. Reduce Use Of Toxic Chemicals 6. Decide Which Companies To Patronize 7. Grow your own Vegetables 1. Minimize Energy Consumption * Wrap your geyser in an insulated blanket and turn it […]
Tag Archives | solar geyser
Cities of the world are under threat because of water quality issues, United Nations Habitat said on Wednesday. “The fact of the matter is that our cities in the world are under threat. Johannesburg is one of those cities,” said UN Habitat spokesman Piers Cross.
An introduction to green building practices from energy savings to finish material with Natural Built Home store owner Rachel Maloney. Water Rhapsody Mpumalanga and Yes Solar supply and install water systems and solar energy systems that are ideal for including in your new green building and for existing buildings. Contact us for a FREE QUOTE […]
Unless all your bills are paid for, you probably have experienced the effects of ever-inflating taxes, gas prices, and electricity costs. While I cannot help you reduce your taxes or cost of gas, I can provide you with three methods for generating your own free electricity here in San Diego. These will require some finesse, […]
When it comes to water management, California Assemblyman Jose Solorio focuses on three C’s: capture, conservation and conveyance. Of those, the state has been most successful with conservation, Solorio says, but it hasn’t been nearly as adept at capturing rain and snowfall and conveying it to where it needs to be.
What if you had a swimming pool that could change shape according to your needs? Enter the Hydrofloor, a multitasking pool floor that can actually rise and lower to different levels. The pool can even disappear entirely to form a floor! This neat disappearing trick is also a huge energy saver, as the pool water […]
Experts tell conference that action to avert shortages is needed now South Africa faces a water crisis and could start having critical shortages as early as 2020, experts told the inaugural South African Water and Energy Forum in Johannesburg. The forum’s two-day conference is being held at the Sandton Sun for local and international experts […]
A new study says that the world could completely run on renewable, sustainable energy by 2030. It is no secret that the energy output from “alternative” sources like the sun, wind and water is astronomical. Living in a world “addicted” to energy, harnessing such power would be a world-changing event, and for the better. The […]
Going green isn’t just about doing things like using cloth bags instead of plastic or paper or taking a bike to work once in a while instead of driving. There is a certain psychology behind a green or environmentally friendly lifestyle. The term green psychology, or ecopsychology, refers to the motivation or reasons people have […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010