Water losses in Gauteng municipalities and many other towns and cities around South Africa should be spurring homeowners and businesses to invest in water conservation measures such as rainwater harvesting tanks. Rain water tanks can collect significant amounts of rainwater that could become critical emergency water supplies when municipal water shortages arise. Gauteng municipalities collectively […]
Tag Archives | gauteng water
Water is made up of 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom (H2O). When these H2Os join together they form water. When water falls on the earth’s surface from the clouds, many substances dissolve in the water, eg. silt, minerals, bacteria, etc., just like a train picking up passengers. Water is the train that moves […]
The cost of servicing Gauteng with water is becoming more and more costly but the province has put efficient water usage as a priority goal. At a water indaba in Johannesburg, Nirali Shah, risk manager for Deloitte and Touche highlighted concerns about local water usage.
One of the biggest dangers of climate change is the threat to our water resources. As our water engineers constantly remind us, South Africa is a water scarce country. The most densely populated province, Gauteng, straddles a watershed, and has to import 88% of its water, most of it from the Vaal River (with some […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010