The current rains in Zimbabwe have come as a temporary relief to thousands of Chitungwiza households facing perennial water shortages due to erratic supplies. Residents in the town have now resorted to harvesting water from rooftops under a project funded by USAid.
Tag Archives | 2500 litre tanks
Residents of KaMadakwa Ndlovu and Emjindini Trust in Barberton, Mpumalanga, go for weeks without water. For years residents in these areas have had to draw water from water tanks provided by the Umjindi municipality. Residents said the municipality only filled the water tanks once every two weeks.
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010