Underground water tanks can be a better alternative to standard above-ground water tanks but they must be properly constructed and designed to withstand pressure exerted on the walls when buried underground.
Here are some features which the ideal underground water tank should possess:
- The underground tank should be of a useful capacity for storing worthwhile quantities of water; a tank in the 5000 litre to 10000 litre capacity range is usually best
- The walls should be of sufficient thickness to withstand external pressure from surrounding soil and added strengthening ribs help to further increase the tank’s robustness
- The shape of the underground water tank is important from a technical point of view; cylindrical tanks are better able to spread external pressure evenly compared to square or rectangular underground tanks
- Type of material used to make the tank can influence longevity; generally, high quality polyethylene underground water tanks offer the best combination of corrosion resistance, resistance to cracking, ease of installation, affordability and capability of storing potable water for long periods
- Should be manufactured using a rotational moulding process so that there are no weak seams to potentially crack or split
- Should be colour-coded so that an underground conservancy tank or septic tank is never used for storing potable water
- Ideally the brand of underground water tank should be well-known and should offer a guarantee as well as installation guidelines and after sales back-up and information.
Fortunately, in South Africa, the well-known JoJo Tanks company offers underground water tanks that have all the above features. The JoJo 6000 litre underground tanks are available in three colour-coded versions: underground tanks for grey water (tank is grey in colour); underground tanks for black water/septic tank use (tank is black in colour) and underground water tanks for fresh water and rainwater harvesting (tank is green in colour). JoJo 6000 litre underground tanks carry a 5-year guarantee and full specifications and installation guidelines are available.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 LITRE, 15000 LITRE & 20000 LITRE JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)