In South Africa, good rains have begun falling over most parts of the country – businesses and home-owners should capitalise on harvesting this free source of unpolluted water from suitable rooftops and store it in water tanks.
Here are some great reasons to install water tanks for storing harvested rainwater:
- Rainwater is FREE! Who doesn’t like free stuff? As water tariffs in South Africa continue to rise, many will turn to rainwater harvesting as a free source of water.
- Rainwater is naturally pure and unpolluted, unlike so many sources of water in South Africa. If you intend drinking rainwater, it is still recommended that it be appropriately filtered.
- Municipal water may be ‘safe’ to drink but all those chemicals such as chlorine that are used to kill micro-organisms (and they don’t always kill them all!) are not very good for humans (or plants and animals for that matter) over the long term.
- Bathing in rainwater must be experienced to be appreciated, the benefits of ‘soft’ rainwater for hair are well known.
- Irrigating your lawn and garden with rainwater is far healthier for plants than chemical-laden municipal water. Growth rate and general health of plants watered with rainwater have been shown to be much better than those watered with treated municipal water.
- Fill your swimming pool up with rainwater – you’ll save on your water bills.
- Rainwater harvesting, especially in urban areas, is good for the environment – collecting and storing rainwater in water tanks on the property reduces storm-water run-off which in turn reduces overloading local waterways and reduces water pollution too (think of all the oil, fuel, chemicals and other things that are swept off the impermeable urban surfaces and sent down the stormwater drains).
- Water tanks with a reserve of rainwater can be used during water supply cuts – a frequent occurrence in some South African towns and cities.
- Rainwater tanks can be kept full as a reserve for fire-fighting purposes.
- Water tanks and rainwater harvesting systems increase the value of any property, especially in South Africa where water issues are increasingly serious.
When choosing water tanks for a rainwater harvesting system or for any other purpose, always choose a well-known, high quality brand such as JoJo Tanks who offer an 8-year warranty on all their vertical and horizontal water tanks. Click on the links below to view the large range of JoJo rainwater tanks, JoJo water tanks, JoJo underground tanks, JoJo septic tanks, JoJo silo tanks, JoJo tank stands and other high quality JoJo Tanks products available in South Africa.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!