Hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, for shale gas in the Karoo basin is receiving full Cabinet attention, although no declaration on whether a moratorium on fracking would be lifted could be made at this stage, Cabinet spokesperson Jimmy Manyi said on Wednesday.
Tag Archives | shale gas karoo
Cape Town – A Free State professor says there is a high risk that hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, in the Karoo could result in one of the biggest water pollution problems in the world, it was reported on Friday. “This is serious stuff. There will be trouble, and Shell and the other companies involved must […]
South Africa’s Cabinet endorsed the Department of Mineral Resources’ (DMR’s) decision to declare a moratorium on natural-gas drilling in the Karoo region, government spokesperson Jimmy Manyi said on Thursday. The Cabinet also appointed a task team to investigate the implications of hydraulic fracturing, or fracking. The team would be led by the DMR and also […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010