A defence contractor better known for building jet fighters and lethal missiles says it has found a way to slash the amount of energy needed to remove salt from seawater, potentially making it vastly cheaper to produce clean water at a time when water scarcity has become a global security issue.
Tag Archives | reverse osmosis
Water treatment firm Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies South Africa has been contracted by a global engineering, procurement and construction management company to design, fabricate and supply a brackish water treatment plant for the second phase of a mine in Mauritania.
A professor at Abu Dhabi’s Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, who has co-authored a book on a technology widely used in desalination and production of drinking water in the GCC region, said modifications in membrane separation technology will help cut costs of doing business. “Membrane modification techniques are aimed at increasing the efficiency and […]
After reading Water Filtration: What You Should Know and with your water quality test results in hand, you are in a position to choose what type of water filter system would be best suited for your needs. Here is a brief summary of some of the types of water filtration systems/methods that are available: Absorption/Filtration […]
World expert warns of heavy metals & industrial chemicals in discharge The common misconception that the brine stream byproduct of desalination is ‘just salt’ has been challenged by warnings of heavy metals and industrial chemicals in the discharge. Comprehensive Environmental Effects Statements must completed before any desalination plant can be constructed anywhere on Australia’s coastline & the […]
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010