Many people like to quantify the benefits of rainwater harvesting and rainwater tanks by using everyday examples such as how many baths they could get from a rain event. The basic calculations below may be surprising to some but even a light rain and average sized roof can yield large quantities of water. This is […]
Tag Archives | how much rainwater can I harvest
As a general rule you should install the largest water tank that you have room for or can afford. This will allow you to use rainwater for as long as possible through droughts and prolonged dry periods.
Check out these typical ‘frequently asked questions’ about rainwater harvesting and rain water tanks:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010